Come be a part of history!
All are invited to join the good citizens of Idaho Falls and our friends from around the country as we celebrate our fourth annual Pride Parade!
Pride events are held around the country to commemorate the Stonewall Riots, and to acknowledge the contributions of our LGBTIQQAA friends, family members, coworkers, and leaders. A big turnout at our Pride event helps our friends feel welcome and safe, so join us for this wonderful celebration.
We will have all the fun and colorful apparel and bling that you will need, so show up early and get fabulous!
- When: Saturday, September 17th, at 11am (assemble at 10:30am, Pride merchandise available beginning at 10:00am)
- Where: The Parade will start at the Unitarian Universalist Church and end on the Shiloh Inn back lawn. The distance is about 1.5 miles.
- Directions: We will form up in the Unitarian Universalist Church back parking lot, 555 E Street. We will enter Memorial Drive from the alley behind the church, travel down Memorial Drive on the street, enter the Broadway Bridge walkway and walk on the sidewalk down Riverside to the back lawn of the Shiloh Inn.
- Parking: Parking is available in the US Post Office parking lot (only about 20 spots), the UU parking lots, the new parking lot on the greenbelt, in several city lots nearby, and along the streets in the area. Due to the distance between the end of the parade and the beginning limo rides will be available for those who do not want to walk back to the Unitarian.
- Dress: Come as you like, but rainbow attire is always appropriate! Be as festive as you like. We will have commemorative T-shirts available for $15, so come early.
- Festival: The Pride Festival will follow the Parade, and begin around noon. Bring your lunch if you like, or buy from our vendors.
- Animals: We are not able to accommodate horses. However, other animals on leashes are welcome, as long as you clean up after them.
- Motorized Vehicles: We will not be able to accommodate motorized vehicles since we will be marching on the greenbelt paths.
- Floats: Small floats are welcome, if you can put one together in a couple weeks. But remember that this is primarily a march without motorized vehicles.
- Bicycles: Bikes are welcome, but will be assigned to a specific location within the parade, for reasons of safety.
- Access: The route will follow Memorial and River Parkway, so access should not be a problem. Please contact us if you have any special needs for consideration.
- Merchandise: Pride-themed merchandise will be available starting at 10am at the Unitarian Universalist Church, and will also be available later at the noontime Festival. And you can always visit Healing Hands early and get your bling on!
- Safety: Heat can be a concern in September, as can cold. Please come prepared. Cold water will be available for free along the route. Pride committee members and event staff will be dressed in white Pride t-shirts, so check with them if there are any problems. We will have security personnel stationed along the route and at the Festival.
- Expectations: This event is the crown jewel of our Pride weekend, and will no doubt get a bit of press. As such, we are trying to maintain a family-friendly environment at our Parade and Festival. There is a Pride After Hours event where people can cut loose a little.